Spicy turkey on thanksgiving.
- 1 (12-pound) - Turkey
- 1 tablespoon - Salt
- 3 tablespoon - Chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoon - Minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoon - Minced fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoon - Minced fresh sage
- 2 tablespoon - Minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon - Freshly ground pepper
- 8 cubes - Rock salt
- Shun away the giblets and neck from turkey.
- Wash off turkey with cold water, and wipe it to dry.
- Take the excess fat from turkey.
- Beginning from neck cavity, loosen the skin from breast and
drumsticks by implanting one hand with your palm facing down.
- Enter your hand below the skin and opposite to the meat to
loosen the skin.
- Mix salt, parsley, chives, thyme, sage, shallots and pepper
- Massage herb mixture on breast and drumsticks below the skin.
- Fasten both the leg end together with a chord.
- Hook up the wings tips up and back and tuck under turkey.
- Scatter rock salt in bottom of a shallow roasting pan.
- Put the turkey breast up side, on rock salt.
- Pierce the meat thermometer in meaty part of thigh while
ensuring that it does not touch the bone.
- Bake at 500 degrees for 1-½ hours or until thermometer
reaches 165 degrees.
- Pack the turkey loosely with aluminum foil.
- Keep it for 15 minutes.
- Remove the skin before distributing.